Saturday, November 22, 2008

G'N'R

I have been a hardcore Guns N Roses fan for a long, long time. I believe that Appetite for Destruction is the best album ever made and still wear all my Guns N roses t-shirts with pride.
Naturally I was a bit worried when I heard Axl was gonna make his own album without the rest of the guys some 14 years ago. Guns N Roses without Izzy Stradlin was a hard pill to swallow, but as long as they had Slash, Duff and Axl I was happy. Of course the drummers changed too, but I'm not that into drums, I'm not capable to pick drummers apart, so whoever played was the same to me (even though I liked Steven Adler's rawer drumming better, Matt Sorum's drumming was fucking insane as well). But that Axl would do an album without the fucking essence of the band was definitely disappointing. But then again, he wrote a lot of the best songs, so in theory he could pull it off.

On http://www.myspace.com/gunsnroses is the fruits of 14 years labour out for free listening, that's pretty cool of them, to put the whole album out on myspace so people can check it out. It's like a 5 year old who shows his mom that he managed to make a combination of dogshit, mud and boogers look like boogers, mud and dog shit. Holy fuck this album is horrible! Axl has fucking spent 14 years planning how to rape my ears through speakers. It hurts! WHAT THE FUCK! Electronica/Techno beats and industrial/electro sampling?! (You have to bear with me with those expressions, I have no idea what qualifies as techno or electronica, I just know it sucks). This is a experiment gone horribly wrong, like inventing Ebola when you're trying to develop a cure for cancer. The worst is that he fucking does it under the Guns N Roses name. Now I'm gonna be slightly ashamed every time I put on my Appetite for Destruction T-shirt, thank you Axl, you fucked it all up! Guns N roses is no longer my favorite band, it used to be back in the days.

I'm not even gonna bother to put a pic of the album up, even the cover sucks.

No comments: